Thursday, October 1, 2026

Recipe of the Week - Mazetti Casserole

 Apparently, this recipe (and its many versions) has been around for years. I have no idea how I missed it.  We didn't have it growing up and I don't recall anyone else serving it to me.  But when I saw this on an episode of Cooking with Meme on YouTube, I thought I would give it a try. I really did enjoy it.  It is not something I would want to make all the time, but every now and then it will be a good dish for Sunday Dinner!  If you have never tried it, let me know what you think.  If you have or have your own version, I would love to hear some of the different things you add to it.


Mazetti Casserole

12 oz package of egg noodles

2 lbs ground beef

1 lb ground pork or pork sausage

1 pepper, chopped

1 onion, chopped

1 Tbsp garlic powder

2 cups chopped celery

2 cans tomato soup

1 jar of sliced mushrooms

8 oz cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 325.  Cook noodles as directed.  Drain and set aside.  Brown meet.  Drain.  Sauté vegetables in butter.  Add garlic powder.  Toss meat and vegetables together.  Add noodles.  Add soup and mushrooms.  Pour into casserole.  Top with cheese.  Bake uncovered for 1 hour. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment