In some ways, life has been pretty quiet around here. No surprises there, I am sure! But that is fine. I like the quiet most days. Still, I am trying to get out and do things for fun and last week was a good one for me. I went to the Outer Banks for a few days, I got to see a friend in a show, and I joined a handbell choir. All in all, not bad!
Every year at work, Gina, our Life Enrichment director, will take some residents to the beach for a few days. This year, they went to the Outer Banks. She asked me to go this year to help out in the kitchen and do some cooking. No one on our kitchen staff at work was able to go because staff is tight right now with several people out. I was more than happy to go on a paid vacation for a few days. I had wanted to get to the beach this year anyway and this was the perfect opportunity.
We had an absolutely wonderful time. The residents that were on the trip were so incredibly relaxed and chilled out. They were not demanding at all and very much went with the flow. We all enjoyed being in each other's company and doing some good sightseeing. Being at the coast is so relaxing for me. I could just sit and look at the water for hours. We were on the sound side of the Outer Banks and it was just beautiful. And at night, the stars were amazing. I am so glad that I went and cannot wait to do it again next year.
On Sunday, Marcia and I met in Sanford to see our friend Steve in Temple Theatre's production of 1776. That was just delightful. I had not seen the show on stage before, only the movie which I also enjoyed. I did not remember the movie being that funny, but the stage show was. And the music was great. There was one cast member I did not care for. Her acting was great, but her vocals were not right for the part she cast herself in. Steve played Ben Franklin and did an awesome job. It was so good to see him onstage again. We were able to go out after the show and visit some and have a good meal together. A fun afternoon.
Monday evening, I started handbell rehearsal. I joined one of the choirs at church. I was nervous at first because I had not played in several years and the choir I joined is the more advanced of the two choirs. But the group was very welcoming, and I had a good time. I did pretty good overall and no one seemed to notice when I messed up. I wasn't the only one so that was good. We rang through four different pieces, and it was so much fun for me. This group is going to be a lot of fun. They very much remind me of the group I rang with at FBC in Monroe when I was in high school. I can tell I am really going to enjoy this group.
It's fun to get out and do things. Let's hope that continues. Just let me know if you want to join in!

No comments:
Post a Comment