I am thinking that I want to start keeping a notebook of ideas for writing. An actual notebook that I keep on hand with me at all times so that I can jot down story ideas. I get ideas in my head all of the time and having a notebook with me to jot those ideas down will be helpful. When I don't actually write it down, it gets stored in my brain and will pop back up in my memories from time to time but I believe that writing it down will motivated me to actually flesh out the story ideas.
I have three different ideas that I am constantly thinking about for writings. One is a cookbook. People have been encouraging me to do that so that is a definite idea I want to explore. I'm working on pieces based on where I work and the experiences that I have had in senior living. And I'm working on creating a place of goodness. I think about the kind of place that I would ideally like to live in and have been figuring out the details of that. Having a notebook to write down notes about each of those ideas would be helpful.
I don't want to keep notes on my phone. While in some ways that would be helpful...the ease of technology and all that blah blah, I would rather go through the physical act of writing it down. For one, my phone is old and doesn't really have the kind of room on it I would need for extensive note taking. But also, if I write it down, I am more likely to build upon it. I only say this because I know how I work and taking the time to write it out will be more beneficial.
So, I will find myself a notebook to keep near me all the time. It may not turn out anything, but it can't hurt!

No comments:
Post a Comment