One night I tried out a Thai shrimp recipe, and I wanted to make a side to go with it. After doing some searching on the internet, I found this recipe. I do not usually cook with pineapple outside of desserts, so I was not sure what to make of this and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's a very fresh, summery tasting salad and I look forward to making it again. I hope you enjoy it!
Pineapple Cucumber Salad
1/4 cup thin sliced red onion rings
1 fresh pineapple*
1 cucumber
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
Submerge red onions in ice water for 10 minutes. Cut pineapple into bit size pieces. Slice cucumber thinly and cut in half (crescent moons). Drain onions, pat dry and dice. Add oil, lime and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add pineapple, cucumber and red onion. Toss to coat.
*I had canned pineapple chunks on hand and they worked out just fine!
Thai shrimp pasta with naan and pineapple cucumber salad



No comments:
Post a Comment