Thursday, September 24, 2026

Recipe of the Week - Jalapeño Chicken

 Sometimes I will look for a recipe based on what I've got on hand so that I can use it up and not waste it.  This recipe was one of those.  I had an open jar of sliced jalapenos in my fridge and some chicken in the freezer I wanted to use.  The internet search resulted in this recipe from Allrecipes.com.  I really enjoyed it and it was not too spicy for me so it will go into my recipe canon.  

Jalapeno chicken with garlic lime cabbage

Jalapeno Chicken

6-8 boneless chicken thighs

1 cup chicken broth

2 Tbsp Honey

Juice from 1 lime

1/4 cup minced jalapenos*

2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp chili powder

2 tsp salt

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp black pepper

Mix broth, honey, lime juice and jalapenos over medium heat.  Cook down until thickened and syrupy.

Mix spices together.  Coat chicken in rub and arrange on a baking sheet.  Cook 15 minutes at 400.  Baste with broth mixture.  Cook 15 more minutes.  Baste again.  Cook 10-15 more minutes. 

*the original recipe called for 1/2 jalapeno minced.  I just guessed the translation into pre sliced jalapenos and this seemed to work well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment