Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Christ United Methodist Church

 


I wonder if my ancestors would agree with this quote.  I hope that they would as that would be the Christian thing to do.  I'm not so sure though.  I grew up in a Baptist family and the further back I look into the family tree, the more Baptist they were.  Ah, well.  They were who they were, and I am who I am, and nothing will really change that. 

After searching for a long time, I am becoming a Methodist.  I began attending Christ United Methodist Church back at the beginning of June.  I absolutely love it.  Everyone there has been so nice and welcoming.  I enjoy the services and actually pay attention to the sermons.  I told one of the pastors that I've become someone who actually takes notes during the service.  And they have a good music program, which is important to me.  I used to feel that was a silly requirement for a church home, but I have come to realize how important that is to me. It is one of the ways I feel that I can serve in the church.  But I really love what this church stands for.  It is very community and service oriented.  They are out all the time helping with many community organizations.  And everyone is welcome at the table here. They really do seem to be guided by the teachings of Jesus.  Can't say that about many places of worship these days, sadly.


So, at the end of this month, I will officially be joining the church, and I am quite excited about that. While I think some past generations of my family may be rolling in their graves, I am happy with this decision.  It feels right.  And I'm taking Dolly's advice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment