Friday, September 25, 2026

Murder By Cheesecake and Maybe Happy Ending

 I finally finished a book LOL  It only took me about 2 months this time, so I'm getting faster.  Maybe.  Oh, well.  Still, I got it done.  That makes it sound more like a chore than something for fun but I did actually enjoy it.  It was a mystery called Murder By Cheesecake.  It's a novel by Rachel Ekstrom Courage and based on the characters from The Golden Girls.  It appears that this will be a series of mysteries involving the four ladies.  I enjoyed it but I didn't love it.  The author tries very hard to put in references from the show and those parts really fell flat.  Timing was a key element of the tv show and sometimes that does not translate to the written form.  The author did best when she took those basic characteristics that we already knew and built upon them.  There were times that I laughed out loud from something creative she added.  I will probably read more in the series to see how thing evolve.


Last night, Marcia and I went to see Maybe Happy Ending at the Tanger Center.  I got tickets through their lottery system.  We were literally in the last row of the theater.  I really didn't mind that but do wish we had been a little closer.  No big deal.  But the show was utterly charming.  I knew nothing about it, which is always fun for me going to see a show.  It is the story of 2 retired robots who journey together to an island. One to find his former owner and the other to fulfill a dream.  Along the way, their friendship grows and becomes something deeper. I was very entertained and I recommend anyone seeing it when it comes by your area.

That's been about it for my fun list lately.  I have cooked some new recipes that I have enjoyed and will share them on my blog later on. I am hoping to go hear a concert Monday evening and then spend next weekend with Dad for his birthday.  The weekend after that I have a few days off so I am figuring out something fun to do.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment