Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Green Glass Candlesticks

 


Sometimes items come full circle.  Often the circumstances are less than desirable, but can still be comforting.  These are candlesticks that I once gave to a friend for his birthday.  And, after he passed, they were given back to me.  I know that he enjoyed them and I love them as well and was more than happy to have them.  The candlesticks combine two of my favorite things:  the color and the pattern.  I am going to call the pattern Westmoreland English Hobnail.  I will honestly say that I'm not sure if that is correct simply because many companies produced patterns similar to this.  Grandmother had clear goblets in this pattern and she always called it sawtooth.  When I went to find goblets like hers on my own, it always came up as Westmoreland English Hobnail, so that's what I'm going with!  I love the pattern because it's not only pretty but the glass is thick and sturdy, which I prefer.  And green is my favorite color, so I couldn't go wrong with these!

I love the shape of the candlesticks.  I also have one in clear glass.  They just provide the right pop of color for the dining room table.  And, being green, they can pretty much be used with any holiday display.  They are about 8 inches tall and look divine with taper candles.  I have used them often on my table and when they are not there, they sit on top of my china cabinet.  When I use them, they make me think of Frankie, my friend that I gifted them too, and of Grandmother, who introduced me to the pattern in the first place.  That's one of the beauties of using things that evoke memories.  There's comfort in that.  


So ends today's episode of Around the House.  Now, onto discovering other treasures hidden in the house!  

That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment