Friday, June 2, 2023

Having to Turn Down Invitations

 


One of the things that I have to learn to do is to accept that it is ok when I cannot do something for one reason or another.  And when I say do something, I mean those rare occasions when I get invited to do something, not doing something on my own.  I'll talk about doing my own thing in another blog LOL  My invitations to do things is growing because I am opening my circle of friends back up, which is nice.  Sometimes, though, I have to turn down the invitation because of work or money or something.  And it does get depressing when I can't go because I get very hard on myself.  That's something that I have to work on.  I need to know that this stage of life is just temporary and I will one day be able to enjoy more times with my friends.

My friends that I have known for decades are very understanding about this.  They don't hold it against me because I can't go.  Or at least they put up a good front, which I appreciate LOL.  And the great thing is that my friends do not stop asking me and inviting me simply because I have to refuse.  That's very comforting.  Any new friends I make, and I am trying to make new friends, I explain up front what my situation is as far as being social beyond the four walls of my house.  Most of them are very understanding.  I just need people to know where I stand with this right now.  It has nothing to do with not wanting to spend time with someone or not wanting to do a specific thing, it's just that at this moment in time, I may not be able to.

This is simply where I am right now.  And I am learning to accept it, not because I am settling for the way my financial life is right now, but because I know that this is temporary.  I know that my friends care and are understanding.  And that means a lot.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment