Sunday, June 18, 2023

Showtunes Friends


 I had a chat last night with a friend about showtunes.  He asked me to share some with him as he missed having that in his life on a regular basis.  We went to college together (my first time around) and I told him how much I missed that too.  I miss having someone to share that kind of music with.  It helped keep me up to date on current shows.  I am so far behind on anything that's come along in the past 20 years as far as theatre goes.  And one of the main reasons for that is I don't have anything in my immediate circle to share it with.  Now, I will say that Lois and I will sometimes listen to showtunes when we have our Sunday porch times, but that's as background music.  I'm talking about sitting and listening intensely to this music.  Sharing specific songs with each other.  And, nowadays, that would also include videos as well since they are so readily available.

It was a fun part of my life that I am ready to get back.  Maybe I need to get involved in a theatrical circle here locally and I could find some music friends there.  Either way, I would love to explore some music with people.  Discover new (to me) pieces and revisit the classics.  Back in the day I could call someone up because I'd just gotten the latest cast album on cd and they would be just as excited as I was.  Several times we had listening parties and a bunch of us just sat around and drank and listened to showtunes.  Those were good times.  I want that again.  


So, if you want to listen to some theatre music, hit me up.  I'm more than ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment