Friday, June 23, 2023

Organizing the house


 Organization has never been my strong suit.  I always have the best of intentions, but my follow through stinks.  I get easily overwhelmed and decide to put things off until later.  And, as I look around my house, I realize that I keep creating more piles of stuff here and there. Now, the piles are organized into categories so I suppose that's something.  But, no.  That's just an excuse.  In my head, I know that I do better when things are organized.  I'm more relaxed and I spend less time looking for things because I know exactly where they are.  

One thing that I have come to realize about this entire process is that I can't do it all right now.  I do not need to expect organizing things to be immediate.  I take on too much and, like I said before, get overwhelmed and walk away.  What I need to do is focus on one thing to get organized.  I believe that if I work on it that way, I will actually get it done.  


So, with that in mind, it's time to choose what I need to get organized first.  There are so many choices!!  Scary, isn't it?  And being a sentimental person does not help either.  I like to keep things that bring back wonderful memories.  There is NOTHING wrong with that either.  We live in a world that always seems to be about down sizing and "Less is More".  That works for some people but not for me.  I like my stuff.  I just let it get in my way sometimes.  I recently went through a box of papers from my adolescence and loved looking at all of it.  I don't want to throw it out.  I will leave that job to someone else after I'm gone.  And I apologize ahead of time for that LOL.  


As I look around at everything that needs organizing, I also need to take into account the costs of organizing.  Somethings are going to require storage bins of some kind, such as for the papers I just mentioned.  Somethings are going to need some kind of shelving such as my record collection.  I will be on the hunt for good bargains to obtain these items and will work on organizing based on that.  Maybe that's where I should start.  Who knows LOL


But I'm going to enjoy this process because I know that the outcome will be so beneficial to my mental health.  And the house will look better.  

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment