Thursday, June 22, 2023

Keeping Up With Things

 


I'm learning in my journey through life that keeping up with things is an important aspect of being an adult.  Now, when I talk about keeping up with things, I am referring to my life.  I am not talking about news and current events.  I will admit that I don't really keep up with those because it's just too damn depressing.  I know that I should, but I don't.  Anyway, that's fodder for another blog.  I'm talking about keeping up with myself right now and things like bills and car maintenance and such.  Sometimes I find myself even being ahead of things and that's an awesome feeling as well.


I was thinking about this morning as I sat at the mechanic's, waiting on my car to get inspected.  I had added a possible tune up to my appointment just to make sure that everything is running properly.  As it turns out, I did not need any kind of tune up.  I have been keeping up, with guidance from my garage, with everything my car needs.  I was prepared to put any repairs needed onto my car credit card but it ends up I only had to pay for the inspection because everything else was up to date.  I have to admit that was an awesome feeling.  And it took a load off my shoulders.  It was a lot of money that I did not have to spend because I've been keeping up with the car like I should.


And with my bills, I have started paying them...usually...well in advance of their due date.  I do this because I have to budget right now and that is fine.  I don't find myself scraping like I used to because I am paying attention and staying on top of things.  Sometimes I do get forgetful about things and pay the bills on their due date, but I have not had to pay a bill late in a very long time. It's nice to have the feeling of accomplishment simply because I am able to manage my money better by paying attention and keeping up with the due dates.  The little things here, people!


Now, I want to work on keeping up with my house better.  I do ok and circumstances right now with Squirt keep some things at bay rather than on a regular basis.  But I work hard during the week and I want my weekends to be about me.  In order to do that, I need to keep up with my household duties more during the week.  Growing up, Saturday mornings were always for chores....after cartoons and cereal.  I think I can manage doing some of that, but I'd like to have my Saturdays freer than they are now, so I gotta get it in gear during the week.  We shall see.

There is a definite feeling of relief that comes with staying on top of things.  I am enjoying this side of myself and proud that I am able to do it.  It has greatly reduced my stress levels and gives me a realistic outlook of the possibilities.  Yay!

That is all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment