Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Daily Challenge Update 1

 


Well, here we are in the 3rd week of January.  Since I started my challenge about 12 days ago, it's been hit or miss.  Remember this challenge is to make time for myself every day to do something just for me.  And the reason it has been hit or miss is because last week I got thrown off course by having strep. I was out of work 3 days last week and mostly I just laid around LOL  While, technically, I did take time to do things for myself each day, I'm not really counting that because I did not feel like doing anything else such as homework or housework.  And that is totally fine.  I was sick.  I didn't need to be doing any of that unless I wanted to.  Which I did not.  I mostly watched tv on the couch in between naps.  So, while I was doing something for myself, it wasn't because of the challenge that I set for myself.

Towards the weekend as I started to feel better, I did get up off of the couch and get things done.  The house was a wreck...still kind of is thanks to Christmas still be out LOL  And I had deadlines for my homework so that was a must.  I spent a lot of time Friday and Saturday doing both of those things to my satisfaction.  That's when I put my challenge into play.  I gave myself about an hour each night to read.  I'm reading "Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Edition".  I gifted it to myself.  I love that kind of book and the stories are heartwarming.  So, it ended up being a good balance.  

Yesterday was my first day back at work full time.  Once I got home, I spent about 3 hours doing homework, mostly of it was reading.  I think I read about 70 pages of material.  And if you know how slow I read, you'll agree that's a miracle.   So, when my "me" time came around, reading did not interest me.  I watched some vintage tv instead.  I do love my classic shows!  BTW, the old sci-fi show "One Step Beyond" is great!  I met my challenge, and I was glad to have given myself the down time.  We'll see how that keeps up.  

That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment