Monday, January 29, 2024

The Tang Pitcher

 Yesterday, I posted on Facebook that I started my day with a glass of Tang.  That seemed to throw some people off because they didn't know that Tang was still around.  Well, I'm here to proudly tell you that it is, in fact, still available on the grocery store shelves.  And I love it!!  And yes, I still drink it!


I always associate Tang with my Grandma Fornes.  That's where my love for the orange drink began.  If you ever spent the night at Grandma Fornes's then you were served Tang at breakfast.  Never orange juice, but Tang.  And she had the Tang pitcher as well.  It's really a must have if you drink Tang, to be honest.  Got to have the pitcher.  And it was my favorite.  I would drink it all day at Grandma's.  I loved it.


I don't know whatever became of Grandma's pitcher, but I decided that as an adult I must have one.  So, several years ago I found one on Ebay that was relatively cheap.  I paid around $15 for it.  While some may think that's a little pricey for a Tang pitcher, when you're looking for something that brings back such wonderful memories you know that price really isn't the point.  And in the long run it was not that much.  It brings me a lot of joy and I use it all the time.  Today, I had my coffee first so now it's time for me to go and have a glass of Tang.  Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment