Saturday, January 13, 2024

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy

Last night, I missed the chance to hear Jewel perform at UNCG with my friend Tammy.  I could not go because I'm getting over strep and would have still been contagious last night.  Anyway, she posted a video of Jewel singing Over The Rainbow and it was beautiful.  Honestly, it's one of my favorite songs and always has been.  It's very special to both Tammy and myself for a myriad of reasons.  But, since I could not be there last night it got me to thinking about my favorite version of the song that isn't Judy Garland.  She's my favorite hands down but there are several that come close.  This is at the top of my list, this version by the late, great Eva Cassidy.  This is a live performance at a jazz club.  Absolutely beautiful and I hope that you enjoy it.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment