Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Loaded Potato Salad

 We all know that I love a good potato salad.  I always have.  It's got to be in my list of top 5 foods.  I know it's not everyone's favorite but it definitely is one of mine.  I love all kinds of potato salads and I am always on the lookout to try something new.  I came across this recipe online and decided to try it awhile back.  Loved it and will keep it in my potato salad rotation now.  Enjoy!


Loaded Potato Salad

4 lbs potatoes

3 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar

1 cup mayonnaise

3/4 cup sour cream

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

12 oz bacon crumbles*

6 green onions, chopped

1.5 cups shredded cheddar

Peel, cube and cook potatoes in boiling salted water on medium heat.  This is a very slow boil but it helps not to over cook potatoes.  Cook 15-20 minutes once boiling.  Drain and sprinkle with vinegar.  Cook bacon and let cool.  Crumble.  Mix mayonnaise, sour cream salt and pepper.  When potatoes are cooled, mix with mayonnaise mixture, onions, cheese and bacon. Season with more salt and pepper.  Chill for 3 hours or over night.  

*I often use the precooked bacon crumbles and they work just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment