Sunday, January 14, 2024

What to do with "leftover" antiques?


 As much as I love antiques, going to antiques stores and thrift stores and estate sales, I believe it is time for me to change some of my thinking about antiques.  By no means does that mean that I will lessen my love of them.  Quite the contrary.  What I'm thinking about is that I want to take my love of antiques and share that with others who have the same feelings.  

As I go through all of the boxes in my garage, there really is a lot of fun stuff out there.  Lots of it I want to keep but will I?  I don't necessarily have room for everything.  That is fine so it's time to pick and choose and figure out what to do with the rest.  So, what do I do with the "leftovers?" Of course, family pieces will stay as long as possible.  But if I need to get rid of stuff, I wonder what the best way for me to do that will be?

A part of me is like just donate it.  I remember the thrill of going to Goodwill with Grandmother and finding a treasure.  Maybe there's someone out there that needs a good treasure find.  Then, part of me is like sell it.  I've always wanted to have an antiques store of my own.  If I'd done it 30 years ago, it might be profitable LOL  But I'm thinking using antiques as a side hustle could be fun.  All things to think about.

I try my best to use my pieces.  That is, unless they are so fragile that I could do them harm.  I mean, why have stuff if I don't use it?  And most antiques, be they furniture or knick knacks or dishes, were made to last and they do.  That's what made them antiques in the first place!  Ah, well.  So much to think about.  We'll see what I come up with and let you all know.  I know you're just breathless with anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment