Monday, January 15, 2024

Quote of the week

 I went out on a coffee date yesterday.  I had a wonderful time and I made a new friend.  While I am hoping this leads to a 2nd date, and I think it will even with the distance between us, I am approaching dating differently than I have in decades past.  It's been a long, long time since I'd been out on a date and I realized that it's time for me to make sure that some of the things on my list are checked off for a change.  As much as I want to be a good fit for another person, this time I want to really look and make sure that whoever I'm dating is a good fit for me.  Things in common, similar views, etc.  I want someone different enough yet still be able to share things.  We shall see, but it's a good thing to recognize in myself simply because I've always put the other person ahead of myself.  I'm going to try to put myself first this time and see where it takes me.  Good luck to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment