Thursday, January 4, 2024

Starting my daily challenges for 2024

 


I worked on some daily challenges last year and for the most part I did pretty well.  There's always room for improvement and expansion.  That's what I want to do this year.  I've realized that my daily challenges have not always gotten addressed every day.  And that's ok!!  It's just something that I want to have in the back of my mind that will keep me motivated.  

The first daily challenge I am giving myself for this year is to make time for me every day.  While that will be difficult at times with both work and school, I would like to incorporate around an hour each day to do something for myself.  My idea is to have things to do that I enjoy and try to do one of them each day.  I'm going to eliminate cooking from that list because that's just a given in my life.  I have made a list...yes, a list...of some simple activities that I enjoy doing that I would like to focus some time on each day.  Things like read a book (and NOT a textbook), put together a puzzle, needlework, watch a movie, etc.  Just simple things that can take me away from the stresses of everyday life and let me escape into a simpler world for just a little while.  

I'm going to start my "me" time with a book.  When I finish that book, I'll move on to another activity and so on and so on.  Now, to choose a book and give myself some time to relax and enjoy it.  We shall see how that goes!  That is all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment