Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Taking Down Christmas

 I have thoroughly enjoyed having my house decorated for Christmas this year.  In fact, the decorations are still up.  I always wait until Epiphany to begin taking down my decorations.  And this year, there will be no rush in taking them down.  Since I'm living alone now, I can take my time which is exactly what I intend to do.  My plan this year is to begin this coming weekend on taking things down and putting them away. Now, when that will all get finished...no clue.  But I don't really care LOL  I'm not planning on having company anytime soon, so if someone does come over they will just have to accept that there may still be some holiday decor around the house!


This year my goal is to organize my decorations better.  I want to get them in similar groups and store them that way.  They've been fairly organized so far, but I know that I can do better.  And then, of course, label the containers appropriately.  I think that I'm going to begin with the greenery that I use every year.  It will be the easiest to remove.  But I will do that first and get it all put away. 


I also, and this should come as no surprise to anyone, plan on doing an inventory of my decorations this year.  I do this for historical purposes.  One day, someone may want to know where one of my pieces came from and this documentation will provide that answer.  Especially when it comes to family pieces that have been passed down.  I may not get to every decoration but I will try my best.  The Christmas tree ornaments might be too daunting a task to inventory this time.  But, like I said, I'm not in a rush so it may get done!


So, that's my plan for taking down Christmas this year.  I still have a few days which I will enjoy having them all out and displayed and not worry about putting them away.  I intend to turn on the Christmas lights, put in a record and just relax in the glow that has been my house at Christmas!


That is all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment