Friday, June 28, 2024

Recipe of the Week - Au Gratin Potatoes


 Making au gratin potatoes was something that was on my cooking bucket list.  I have always enjoyed them when I've had them, and I thought they would be complicated to make. Not so much really.  And that's pretty dangerous now that I have made them LOL  I found this recipe somewhere online and have made it several times, this past Easter being the most recent.  It's definitely a keeper and I will hopefully have occasion to make it again soon.  Enjoy!

Au Gratin Potatoes

6 Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced

4 Tbsp butter

1/2 onion, chopped

1 tsp ground mustard

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

2 chopped garlic cloves

1/4 cup flour

1.5 cups milk*

3 cups shredded cheese, divided**

Breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in a large saucepan and sauté onions until soft.  Sitr in mustard, salt, pepper and garlic until well blended.  Stir in flower and milk.  Add 2 cups of cheese.  Stir until melted. Add potatoes.  Stir until well coated. Transfer to a casserole dish.  Top with the remaining cup of cheese.  Bake at 350 for one hour.  Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake 10-15 minutes more. 

*Can add more milk to get desired thickness

**Can use more cheese.  I like to make sure the top of the casserole has lots of cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment