Friday, August 9, 2024

Berry Busy Bug

 


One of the things that have enjoyed in my adult years is searching out some of the toys that I never had as a child.  I have especially enjoyed this now that I am single and have room to have my stuff on display.  The Berry Busy Bug is one of the toys in the Strawberry Shortcake miniatures line. Now, while I had plenty of the miniatures, this is one of the toys that I didn't have.

Every time I hit an antiques or thrift store, I keep my eye open for some of the toys that I want. Mostly, though, I find them on Ebay.  This one I paid about $20 for and that's not bad at all. It's in great condition and came with the original box.  The box has seen better days, but at least it's there, right?


You can fit four of the miniatures in there.  One in each flower and one in the wheelbarrow.  I think it's a very cute piece and I am enjoying it being in my collection.  Right now, I have it in the bookcase of my secretary, so I see it every time I sit at the computer.  One day I will pass these on to someone.  Maybe if one of my nieces are interested or if I have a friend who also collects.  Until then, I will enjoy them for myself. There are still a few pieces in this line that I do not have, but I am always on the hunt for them.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment