Saturday, August 31, 2024

The Dining Room Table

 


I have always loved my dining room table.  It's a beautiful piece made by Henredon, I believe.  At least that's what I've always been told.  Grandmother purchased this in the early 60's.  She'd had a darker wood, Duncan Phyfe style table before.  She got a good deal on this table because it is flawed.  Without the leaf in place, the table is flush.  But when you add the leaf to it, the table is slightly skewed.  So, with that flaw, it could not be sold retail, and she got a very good price for it.  


She found the chairs that matched at Belk's in Charlotte.  She and Mom did the red needlepoint seat covers for them.  Grandmother also had the buffet and china cabinet refinished to match.  I have so many memories of this table.  Wonderful Sunday meals, birthday dinners, holiday meals and then just Grandmother and I together at the table.  It's one of my cherished pieces and I look forward to creating many more memories around this table.  Just let me know if you want to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment