Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The first day of class

 


Well, here it is, my first day of class in grad school this semester.  I am glad I checked my school email today because I was a week off, thinking that class began next week.  Oops.  So, now my daily schedule will change some. I need to start working in several hours a day for homework.  I am ok with that as I really do enjoy my classes.

When I was young, the first day of class was always exciting for me because there really was a sense of wonder about it all.  Not knowing who my teachers would be or who would be in my classes.  The older I got, the less mystery was involved in that process.  And now, as an older adult in grad school, I know exactly what I'm taking and who I'm taking it from. No worries about that at all.

But there is still that sense of wonder and excitement on the first day, even at this age.  Even if the first day has come as a surprise because I had the wrong date in my mind LOL I'm not stressed out about having the wrong date because I'm not behind at all, really.  I am looking forward to this class, so it will be a good experience for me.

Now, it is time to incorporate class into my world as an adult again.  Having the summer break was good but it's time to get back to it!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment