Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sometimes you just have to mow

 I really do not mind mowing, I just rarely do it these days.  Michael still comes over once every few weeks and mows and works in the yard.  He enjoys it, or at least he says he does.  Either way, it's fine by me.  I have enough to try to get done and even though I am working on balancing my indoor/outdoor domestic duties, I am a long way off from achieving that!  Anyway, I have been mowing more right now and actually have enjoyed it.  Say what you will, but it's good exercise.  I work up a very good sweat and get my steps in.  


Michael has been unable to mow for the past few weeks, so I have stepped in. It may not be the prettiest mowing job in the world, but it's getting done.  This morning, I mowed Lois's yard because Michael does hers too and asked if I could help out.  I didn't mind at all and again, while it's not the best-looking job, it is done.  I haven't mowed enough in my yard or Lois's to get the correct pattern down so it will take a few times. Do I go back and forth?  Do I go around the outer perimeter until I finish in the middle?  These are choices that have to be faced, and I am still experimenting LOL

I mowed my yard last Saturday, as in over a week ago and not yesterday.  But with all of the rain we've been having, thank goodness, it is time to mow again.  I don't think I will do it today but perhaps tomorrow after work.  Next up will be tackling the weed eater.  I haven't used one in over 30 years probably.  And while I'm sure they're basically still the same, I couldn't figure out how to get the one I've got started.  Again, it's a Michael thing that he'll have to show me.  This one is battery powered and I just didn't see how to get going.  Ah, well. It will get figured out eventually.


This is part of the fun of being in a house.  I actually do enjoy it and I hope that I can build up my greenthumbing skills!  That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment