Saturday, May 4, 2024

Desserts I want to make

The other day at work while I was on my lunch break, I watched a Youtube video on vintage desserts that you rarely see anymore.  Several of them really caught my interest and I started a list.  Go figure, another list LOL But that got me to thinking about desserts that are on my cooking bucket list. Some of these are very basic desserts that are still popular today, I just have never made them.  Some are inspired by recipes in cookbooks I have.  Of course, there are many more out there but here are 10 of them:

 1. Chiffon Cake


Chiffon cake is a light cake that is made with vegetable oil instead of traditional butter or other heavy fats

2. Harvey Wallbanger Cake


A delightful yellow cake flavored with oranges and Galliano Liquer

3. Grasshopper Pie


A creamy no-bake pie mixing chocolate, mint and whipping cream

4. German Chocolate Cake


A layered chocolate cake filled and topped with coconut-pecan frosting

5. Lady Baltimore Cake


A white layer cake with fluffy frosting and fruit and nut filling

6. Apple Pie


A double crusted pie filled with apples, often served with whipped cream or ice cream

7. Pecan Pie


A pie filled with pecans, eggs, sugar and butter.  What could be better?

8. Tiramisu


A layered Italian dessert of lady fingers dipped in coffee and a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar and mascarpone and dusted with cocoa

9. Lemon Meringue Pie


A pie filled with lemon curd filling and topped with meringue

10. Black Forest Cake


A chocolate and cream cake with a rich cherry filling

We shall see how many of these I can check off of my bucket list this year.  Of course, I can only make them when I have people to share them with!  Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment