Thursday, May 30, 2024

Daily Challenge for May Wrap Up

 Well, as the month of May comes to an end, my challenge of putting things away once I'm finished with them has proven quite successful for me.  And I foresee myself continuing this method. When I come home from work, I don't feel overwhelmed looking at piles of stuff.  And when I get up in the morning, I am not looking at dirty dishes piled everywhere.  It is a lot more pleasant to start my day that way then ignoring the dishes, knowing I'll have to do them eventually.  That just fills me with desire to not do it LOL  And now I'm not worrying about it.  That's a good feeling.

I am also finding myself getting rid of things that I don't need.  If I don't have a logical place for something in the house, chances are I do not need it.  And I'm discovering some things that are simply taking up space and nothing else.  Now, I'm not referring to my antiques and collectibles...just stuff.  And it's been good for me to make room for things and know that's where they will need to be from now on.  Of course, their location may change in the future but for now it has a home!  

Last night, I was in bed reading some magazines.  I finished two of them.  I knew that I was going to recycle them eventually. I started to set them down beside the bed, telling myself that I would simply put them in the bin in the morning.  And then I thought to myself, no don't do that.  Get up and do it now.  And I did.  Otherwise, they may have sat on the bedroom floor for days (or weeks).  It felt good to go ahead and take care of it right then. 

Now, it's time to start thinking about a challenge for June.  Hmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment