Monday, May 13, 2024

Working Outside

 It takes a lot to run a household by oneself.  It takes a lot of energy and a lot of planning.  I will admit that I have not quite gotten there yet LOL.  And I say that because one of the areas that I realized this weekend I am lacking in is outside the house.  I'm pretty good at doing the interior chores and keeping up with domestic duties.  Even then there are areas inside I need to do better with.  But, I rarely do anything out in the yard or on the patio or on the porch.

I just don't think about it that often.  Michael comes and mows the grass every other week or so.  I know he loves to work outside, so he offered, and I am more than happy to let him do it. But I really need to get out and do some yard work.  There are areas that need to be cleaned up that are looking pretty bad.  And I don't want my house to look like that.  It's a matter of planning on my end.  My patio is not a very usable space right now and I'd like to be able to sit out here sometime and enjoy it.

When you have to do it all by yourself, it's very easy to get behind.  Hell, I'm behind without even really starting outside yet.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  Mainly, I want to do it for myself and show myself that I have the abilities to take care of things as needed.  I have proved it in other areas of my life and now it's time to get outdoors and prove it to myself.

We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment