Monday, May 20, 2024

Getting a writing idea

 Yesterday I was chatting with some friends, and I brought up an idea that I had for a theater project. There's an actress that I think would be perfect to play a very specific role.  The role would be an actual person from history.  She's a person who played an important role in race relations in our history.  And while, yes, I'm being vague here about the details, the actress would be the perfect person to play this role.  She even resembles the figure, so it's an ideal match.


I don't know of any play or film or television show that has dealt with this subject. I mean, yes, I have seen it in documentary form.  That's how I learned of the story.  But I mean a scripted telling of this episode in our history. One of my friends suggested that I write it myself.  Hmmmmm.  I've never written a play. I've never written any kind of dialogue like that before.  It definitely would be a challenge. I'm not sure where I would even begin with that. How does one start a project like that?

Now, I don't know if I will work on this or not, but it has certainly got my creative juices stirring. Maybe I will work on it in a short story form first.  That could help.  I don't know.  But, either way, it's nice to have something to get me motivated to do some writing.  That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment