Wednesday, August 12, 2026

10 Things to do in the Greensboro area

 Now that I am trying to get myself out of the house more, I am always looking for things to do in Greensboro that I haven't tried yet.  For this list, I tried to stick to things actually in Greensboro but did put a few things on the list that are not in town but close by.  I also had no intention of putting a restaurant on here but one popped up into my Facebook feed that I had never heard of and I have to try it.  Anyone want to go with me?  Just let me know!

1. Green Hill Cemetery

Before there were parks in our country, there were cemeteries and people often spent leisurely afternoons strolling through them.  I just think it would be interesting to look at the history that is there.

2. Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market

Located in Colfax, NC, I hate to admit that I have never been here before.  And it's a good way to support the local economy.

3. Guilford Courthouse National Military Park

Another historical site that would make for an interesting afternoon

4. Blandwood Museum

A historic mansion right downtown.  I have catered at this mansion years ago but have never been there as a tourist.  It's about time.

5. International Civil Rights Center & Museum

An important chapter in Greensboro history that I need to learn more about and this is the perfect place to do that.

6. Weatherspoon Art Museum

I've walked by this museum way too many times over the past 30 years to not finally get in there and take advantage of it!

7. Carolina Field of Honor

A beautiful section of Triad Park located just outside of Greensboro. 

8. Jazz at the O'Henry Hotel

Every Thursday night they have jazz at the O'Henry Hotel.  I love jazz and need to get out and support local artists. 

9. Church Street Cafe

I had never even heard of this burger joint until yesterday.  And it's been around for years.  Must try this!

10. North Carolina Pottery Center

Seagrove is known for its pottery and I think this would be a fun place to go and see the kinds of amazing works that the potters do.

Again, if you see anything that interests you, let me know.  I'd love to have someone to share these experiences with!

No comments:

Post a Comment