Yesterday, we lost one of the greatest artists and humanitarians that the world has ever known. Dolly Parton passes away at the age of 80, leaving behind an incredible legacy of music, movies, and good deeds. I think that many of us will remember where we were when we heard the news. She was just that important. She was that constant of good in life that so many aspired to.
Dolly has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. In the very early 80s, I remember watching her London concert on HBO. That's what got me hooked. And I remember getting so upset that I could not go see 9 to 5 in the movie theater. I was like 6 after all, so it was not appropriate, but I still threw a tantrum about it. Years later, when I finally saw it, I understood why I should not have gone to the theater. Still, it has become a favorite. And the music. Islands in the Stream, I Will Always Love You, Hard Candy Christmas and my favorite, Coat of Many Colors. Her Christmas specials, especially the one with Kenny Rogers. Steel Magnolias and Straight Talk. Dollywood. Her books for children program. Everything she did touched so many lives.
I am glad that I lived during a time when Dolly was on earth. She will be missed by many. Irreplaceable and unforgettable. Thank you, Dolly.

No comments:
Post a Comment