I know that I have way too many Christmas decorations. But you know? They make me incredibly happy, so I am perfectly fine with that. And I am always on the lookout for something new. Chances are new means new to me. I love vintage decorations just like everything else in my life haha! I am now at the age where the contemporary decorations I grew up with are considered vintage. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that but it is what it is.
I recently, like two days ago, bought some new to me Christmas decorations. Let me start by saying that I collect pigs (among so many other things). I have always loved pigs. I believe it goes back to having Charlotte's Web read to me in my first-grade class. Thanks, Mrs. Gay! That was the teacher's assistant's name not a dig on myself haha. Anyway, one Christmas probably in the early 90s, Mom bought me a Christmas pig for my birthday. I absolutely loved him and still have him and put him out every season. He is made by Tom Rubel. There was an entire series of Christmas animals that he did. I know that Mom got him at The Candlewick in the mall because that's where we first saw them.
I'd forgotten about the series of animals he created until two years ago. One of my bosses at work loves giraffes like I love pigs. When I was looking for a Christmas present for her, I found Tom Rubel's Christmas giraffe online and snatched it up. After that, his pieces began to work their way into my eBay feed, and I started to take notice. The next one I purchased for myself was one of his bears. A cute bear with a wreath around his neck. So anytime I see a good deal on one, I bid on it. Until this week, my bids had been unsuccessful.
I found a set of them. A partial set, anyway. I figured if I got these it would be a good foundation to getting the entire set. I bid and won. I will get them this week and I am so excited. Now, I need to start thinking about where to display them during the upcoming holiday season. It's the little things like this that make my life joyful.

No comments:
Post a Comment