Since I last talked about getting out of the house and doing things, either by myself or with others, I have actually made some progress on that point. And I've tried some new recipes at home as well, which is always fun. I finally made it to the Greensboro Public Library and got my library card. I can check that one off of my list, now. And I actually checked out several books. I have not finished them yet but I will. I think I was too excited to be there and just should have checked out one book but oh well. Since they don't charge late fees, I'm not that worried about it LOL I also went to the Greensboro History Museum that day as well. That was absolutely fascinating and I cannot wait to go back. For a museum like that to be free is pretty awesome. If you have never been, I highly recommend it. And since LeBauer Park is right down there as well, I spent an hour exploring that. Some really beautiful gardens there and it's a nice place to walk around.
I have frequented several locally owned restaurants over the past month as well. I met my friend Shelby out for lunch one day at Fishbones, one of my favorites. Luckily, it's right around the corner from the house. We hadn't had lunch together since the fall, so it was very good to catch up. I went to Saffron, an Indian restaurant, and had the lunch buffet one day when I was off. I actually ran into a friend and former classmate in the next booth! I have also been treating myself to breakfast out several times a month. If you're in Greensboro and looking for a good, well-priced breakfast, I suggest Breakfast, Brunk and Dinner and Miam's. Both were fantastic.
I treated myself to a showing of Hadestown at the movie theater. I knew nothing of the show except what I'd seen on the Tony Awards years ago. It totally blew me away. And it was fun to go to a movie theater. I had not been in one since the pandemic. And my life would not be complete without visiting antiques shops. I made several visits to Antiques Market Place here in town. I left empty handed each time but that is alright. I have to really love something to bring it home with me now. And I went to Freedom House Thrift. They often have some great collectibles but this time I left there with some new clothes and stationery. I'd call that a win.
That's what I've been up to really. I can't wait to see what the next few weeks holds in store for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment