Sometimes because of my work schedule, I am not able to eat a big breakfast. And that is ok. I don't have to eat a big breakfast every day. However, I still make sure that I have something every day because it does make a difference and I don't eat as much. This past week I have had to work earlier than normal. When I am 9 to 5 (cue Dolly Parton song), it is much easier to make a big breakfast. When I work 7 to 3, cooking breakfast is not a priority in the mornings. I had to work at 7 several days last week, so I would pack a small something to take with me that I could eat at the desk.
I got a lot of fruit in this week. Fruit is an easy and healthy option for me. One thing that I did do, though, is make sure that I had a snack with me as well. While the fruit was good, it does not fill me up the way a large breakfast does. I did not expect it to so I wanted to be prepared for that. I had bought some carrots at the grocery store last week, so I peeled them and sliced them for a week's worth of snacks. And it did the trick. Sometime between 10 and 11 each morning, my stomach would begin to growl, and I knew that the fruit was gone by then. Having the carrots there, only a handful, helped me until lunch.
Making sure that I am eating something every morning has had a good effect on me. It's a pattern that I hope I can continue. And like I said in my last post about breakfast, I am looking for new things to have for breakfast so that I do not burn out on anything. As for now, it's time for me to fix myself some breakfast before I take my car in for an oil change. Good times!

No comments:
Post a Comment