Sunday, August 16, 2026

Recipe of the Week - Thai Shrimp Pasta

 I am always looking for new ways to make shrimp as it's one of my favorite foods.  I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home cookbooks and decided to give it a try.  Mainly, I had all of the ingredients except for cilantro on hand at the time, so it was very budget friendly for me.  I had not cooked a Thai style dish before this and so that was another challenge for me.  I know it's not authentically Thai, but it was easy and I enjoyed it.  Definitely will make this one again.


Thai Shrimp Pasta

8 ounces thin flat rice noodles.  

1 Tbsp curry powder

1 lb uncooked shrimp

1 can light coconut milk

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro

Soak noodles according to package directions.  In a large skillet, toast curry powder until it's fragrant, 1-2 minutes.  Stir in shrimp, coconut milk, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 5-6 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.  Drain noodles.  Add noodles and cilantro to the pan and heat through. Serve immediately.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment