Saturday, August 1, 2026

Recipe of the week - Hamburger Gravy


 I watch a lot of YouTube videos during down time at work and mostly it is going to be about cooking.  As you know, I love to cook and am always looking for new recipes to try.  I watched a video about budget meals from the 1970s and this was one of the ones that they mentioned.  I had never had hamburger gravy before.  Some people refer to it as SOS but that's a little vulgar for me LOL  Especially since I would be more than happy to serve this to people.  I found a recipe online that I liked and I tried it. Absolutely delicious and easy! I am definitely adding this one to my meal canon.  If you haven't ever made it before, it's tasty and easy.  It will not be the prettiest thing you ever cook, but I highly recommend it!

Hamburger Gravy

1 lb ground beef

1 onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp Worcestershire

1 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp pepper

3 Tbsp flour

1.5 cups beef broth

1 tsp better than bouillon

1/2 cup half & half

Brown beef on med-high heat.  Add onions and garlic halfway through.  Once browned, add Worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and flour.  Stir to combine and cook 1-2 minutes until you no longer smell the flour.  Add broth a little at a time.  Repeat with half & half.  Stir in bouillon.  Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.

Serve over potatoes or rice


No comments:

Post a Comment