Monday, July 17, 2023

Buying My First TV

 Buying things can sometimes be classified as a rite of passage.  Buying your first car (not necessarily the first car you drove, but the first one you purchased yourself).  Buying your first home (haven't gotten to that one yet).  Those are two examples of buying things that can be considered substantial purchases.  The older that I get, the less I am concerned about the size of a purchase and more about having the resources to guy it.  I am achieving financial goals at very small steps and I am proud of that.  Admittedly, my history with money has not been the best, but it taught me a great foundation to build upon...and it's NEVER too late to start building that.  


So, last week was Amazon Prime days.  If you shop on Amazon, you know there are good deals to be had.  But one can also get carried away because people will buy things they don't need simply because it is a good deal.  Well, I went into prime days with a definite game plan.  I was there looking for possible Christmas gifts....yes I start shopping early...and also a tv.  Michael has the tv that was in our den now and I wanted one to replace it.  My tv is hanging in the bedroom and while I like having it there, it's not good for having people over to watch something.  And sometimes when I eat dinner, I want to sit in front of the tv and it would be nice to sit on the sofa and eat and not in the bed and eat LOL


I found a great deal.  It was in my budget and was the size screen I wanted.  I put it in my cart and got it for myself.  Now, you may think it's just a tv....big deal.  Well, to me it was.  This was the first time in my 48 years of life that I bought a television for myself.  I have bought several in the past to give as gifts but never one for myself.  Most of my tv's have come from either friends who didn't need them anymore or from family members who passed away.  This was my first time buying one just for me.  I had the means to do it and it felt good to be able to provide something for myself that I wanted.  In the end I would have been fine if it had not worked out and I would have gone on with life.  But it's nice to know you can treat yourself and that you've earned that.

That is all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment