Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Ceramic Candy Dish

 I had been on the hunt for a candy dish like this for years.  Aunt Sara had one like this that sat on her coffee table in her den.  I don't know who ended up with it, but it was our family.  I remember, as a child, being allowed to take a piece of candy out of the dish when we would visit.  There was always something exciting about taking the lid off and seeing what sweet treasures were inside.


I searched ebay for years and finally started finding some good results.  I bid on this one.  It actually was not located too far from me.  I loved the colors of it.  Well, I won the auction and have had this beautiful piece ever since. Being a ceramic piece, the name stamped into the bottom of it is actually the same name as a former resident of mine at work.  Now, whether it's the same person, I really don't know since she has passed away.  But, I like to think that it was meant to be.


I love the shape of the piece.  There's just something magical about it to me.  Maybe it's the feelings it brings up.  I don't know.  It's just pretty and I enjoy it and that's enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment