Sunday, July 14, 2024

Recipe of the Week - Mediterranean Eggplant Salad

 Eggplant is not something that I cook with a whole lot, but when I do use it I always like it.  For so many years, eggplant parmesan was about all I knew of eggplant dishes so I have been trying to expand my eggplant recipes.  I came across this one in a healthy coastal recipes cookbook. While I have only made this once, I did like it a lot and plan on doing it again.  It's a nice summer salad and I hope you enjoy!


Mediterranean Eggplant Salad

1 eggplant

8 calamata olives, pitted and cut into fourths

3 large, ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped

2 Tbsp chopped red onion

1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

2 Tbsp Lemon Juice

1/2 tsp dried oregano

Salt and pepper to taste

Trim the stem off the eggplant and cut it into 3/4 inch cubes.  Cook in boiling, salted water approximately 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Don't overcook.  Drain and let cool completely. Refrigerate for at least one hour.

When cooked eggplant is cold, place in a large salad bowl.  Add olives, tomatoes, red onion and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.  Sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper.  

Serves 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment