Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Thinking of positive ways to start my day


 One of the things that I am hoping to achieve while rebuilding my life is to be in a better place, overall, mentally.  Mental health is so important and in the crazy world that we are living in, having good mental health is going to be key to my survival. One of the things that my degrees have taught me is the importance of self-care.  That includes what is going on in my brain and what emotions I am experiencing and how I am handling them. For me, these are three huge components of mental health.

What I would like to start doing is to begin each day by focusing on good mental health.  Like many people, I get up and one of the first things I do is to hop on the computer.  And let's face it, there is never any good news there anymore. And that is definitely coloring how my day goes moving forward.  I want to start in a place that is calmer and more focused on positivity.  That way I will be able to face the problems of the world from a better place.

Do you have any suggestions?  I have started a few days with moments of mindfulness, and I have enjoyed that.  I read a passage from a mindfulness book and sit with calming music playing and think about what the passage means to me. I am also thinking of doing some tai chi. I find that very calming and grounding.  A friend of mine meditates each morning and finds great success with that.  So those are three options.  And I do not necessarily want to do the same thing every day.  As much as I do love routine, I need to keep variety in my life.

Anyway, this is just about wanting to start my day from a better, more grounded and positive place.  We shall see what I come up with.  It will be most helpful in all aspects of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment