Monday, July 1, 2024

Today's Moment of Mindfulness

 "A brief pause will help you make a smarter next move." - Peter Bergman


This is such a true statement, and it comes at a good time for me.  I know that many of us do not think before we speak or act in some situations and that can have dire consequences. It is so important to stop, take some deep breaths, and really think about what your next move should be.  What is motivating it?  Will it be productive?  Will it cause harm?  There are lots of things to look at before just plowing through headfirst.  Today I was able to put this to use.  I should have been doing that for a long time but, oh well, better late than never.  I got texted the "you're a nice guy, but...." speech.  Texted LOL  My knee jerk reaction was to spout back something passive aggressive because I'm good that, ya know.  But I didn't.  I remembered this quote and I stopped to think about how I was going to respond. I simply wished him the best of luck and closed it at that.  I felt better having just been kind in my words and that is important on both ends.  So, it worked for me today.  Let's hope that will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment