Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Recipe of the Week - Coastal Seafood Casserole

 I love my vintage regional and church cookbooks and am always looking for a new recipe to try in them.  This one is from the Golden Isles Cuisine cookbook put out by the Jekyll Island Garden Club in 1978.  I have only made it once, but I really enjoyed it and have tagged it to make again in the future.  I hope you enjoy!


Coastal Seafood Casserole

1 cup green pepper, chopped

1 cup chopped onion

1 cup chopped celery

1 cup crabmeat

1 cup small shrimp, boiled and peeled

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1 tsp Worcestershire

1 cup mayonnaise

1 8 oz can water chestnuts, chopped

buttered breadcrumbs*

Mix together all ingredients except for buttered breadcrumbs.  Place in an oiled casserole.  Sprinkle top with buttered breadcrumbs.  Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  

Enjoy! 


* I used a cup of buttered stuffing mix because that is what I had on hand and it worked out beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment