Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Beginning exercising


 One of the things I have been working on this summer is to take better care of myself physically.  I have given up all nicotine, over 5 weeks now so I am very happy about that.  And the week I quit that, I began exercising like gangbusters.  At least it was for me.  I think I may have over done it some because my body is simply not used to that.  I have toned it back some so that I can build myself up better.

I try to walk every day.  It does not always happen, but I do try to do at least 5 days per week.  And I feel that is a good base for me, a good foundation.  My terrible cardio performance is actually what got this all started.  There are so many things I want to be able to do in life and if I don't have good lung capacity, those things are not likely to happen. 

On top of the walking, I have been doing aerobics, tai chi, free weights and boxing. I'm trying to be well rounded in my exercising.  There is a lot for me to learn but I am determined to live a better life and feel better through exercise. If I can give up nicotine, which I was not sure I would be able to do, then I can do this as well!  This is only the beginning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment